This 1957 MGA Roadster is a sold original right hand drive vehicle that underwent a full nut-and-bolt restoration. Only 5,000 home market right hand drive MGA’s were manufactured, making it a rare car. The customer requested a colour scheme of Old English White with a maroon interior, as well as various upgrades over the course of the restoration.
The body was removed from the chassis, where the chassis was blasted, etch primed and painted in two pack glass black. The body was stripped to a shell and taken back to bare metal. Once in bare metal, itwas fully coated in Jenolite (acid rust eater), etch primed, primed and fully resprayed in Old English White.
The chassis was built up with all new polybushes, steering, suspension and braking components, including upgraded Spax shock absorbers, MGB brake calipers/discs/pads and new nuts and bolts. It was then fitted to the body and all body panels were fitted. New chromework and lights have been installed, with the engine bay detailed with rebuilt heater unit, brake servo, master cylinder etc.
The interior was all new treated wood floor boards, with deluxe wool carpets and leather seats installed. The original dashboard was treated, painted and built up with new/overhauled switches and gauges, with a new wiring loom.
Finished on chrome wire wheels and new tyres, the car covered 150 miles of local test driving before delivering to the customer in Norfolk.